Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Oh, my sweet Addy



We've been trying for months now to help Addy learn the difference between "being grateful" for things in your prayers and asking for things. She says grateful before EVERYTHING.


" grateful that I didn't listen today"

"grateful that I have my phone in my pocket"

"grateful that Mason hit Kinley"

"grateful that Daddy is sick"

"grateful they gave us candy at trick or treat"


and so on.....It's adorable, because I try to tell her to tell Heavenly Father everything she did that day, and she definitely does. She's just latched on to saying grateful before it all:) I guess she's just listening to Elder Bednar when he challenged us to say a prayer without asking for anything.


*I pray she never stops being so affectionate. She's learning about her emotions, and she's a girl who says whatever pops into her head. At least twice an hour she will come up and hug you and say, "I love you Mommy." When I leave to run, she'll hug me and say.."I'm just going to miss you." She tells Chris constantly when he gets home at night, "I've just been missing you Daddy."


*I love that randomly she'll tell Chris after he's gotten ready for the day, "you look cute in that shirt Daddy." ...or, "mommy, your hair looks cute like that."


*She cuddles with Kinley constantly, and you can tell there is a sweet sister bond there. No one can get Kin to smile like Addy does.


*Until recently when we separated her and Mason into different rooms, she would crawl into bed with him at night. It's so cute, but was not good for falling asleep:)


*She gives the best cuddles, and as much as she is headstrong, stubborn, and will fight to get her way...her sweet side will make you melt. We love this girl and are so grateful she's the oldest..she's the best big sister for Mason and McKinley.

No comments: