Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Who's On the Lord's Side Who?



I just quit facebook for a number of reasons. But the main one, as weird as it may seem to people..is that I was getting discouraged at so many of my friend's posts and comments about things..especially the church and life in general. Some say, well just delete them. But sadly, that's a lot of friends to delete...thats why I was getting discouraged. Its sad to watch the course friends decide to take after high school and some after they get married. You watch their views change, some lower their standards..and facebook just brings out everything in people..the good and the bad. I decided to just drop it and focus the time I spend on there, on my blog! We just found out that some friends are going through infidelity problems. The worst possible scenario in a couple that you wouldn't expect it from. It just proves that Satan can get a hold of anyone when you lower your standards and step into the gray area. My last post on fb was about standing for what's right and being black and white in your standards. I got a lot of flack for it, for some reason..but this recent scenario with infidelity is what prompted my thoughts on being stronger than ever. I will repeat..in these days, with Satan attacking the family we have to choose a side. It is with God, or it is with Satan. If you sit in the middle, you'll fall. That may seem extreme..but little by little you'll find yourself slipping in the little things, and then they'll turn into the big things after time. I Know that by following the commandments and following the Prophet who is the mouthpiece for the Lord we will be guided down a path that will keep us safe and protected and bring our families back to our Heavenly Father. We can't just talk the talk when we have kids..we need to walk the walk. I want my kids to hear my testimony and see it and know when we follow the commandments that our Heavenly Father has set in stone to keep us safe.....That when the Prophet speaks..we obey. I loved what my friend said today.."if the Prophet says paint your house black..I'll paint it!" We don't question, we just obey. "whether by mine own voice, or the voice of the Prophet, It Is The Same!" I know that this gospel is true. I know that Satan is real and wants to tear down the family unit, because they are Forever. I know that if we live the higher law, we will be protected. Living it is not being judgemental and it is not restrictive. I know that saying prayers and reading scriptures with my kids is teaching them to feel the spirit..so that later in life when they need to make big decisions, they'll recognize the spirit from when they were young. I Love my Savior and am Grateful to Him for feeling my struggles and sins and atoning for them so I can try and make my weak self better each day. I am grateful beyond words for a husband that is so much stronger than me that can be constantly pushing me to be better..and who loves to serve and is so close to the spirit. This Gospel is simple. You obey without question..that's how you use your agency..you choose to obey and keep your covenants. Is it always easy to read and study and pray and have FHE and do everything? No, but your desire to do it is simple. You try a little harder each day..but you don't question it. I want the safety that obedience brings...I cry about the things my innocent children will be exposed to as they get older..but I can teach them how to be strong, and where to turn for help. I can teach them about standing on the side of righteousness. I am grateful for this knowledge. I know it is true.

6 comments:

The Duran's said...

You are a great example to follow, and a positive influence!

Harward Family said...

Thank you for sharing. I miss you guys and the fun that we had talking and spending time together. Thank you for your example and the words that you shared. I am grateful for them and for your willingness to share them.

Jessica said...

That's exactly what I need to hear(read)! It's always good to be reminded how we should be living. I'm glad you are standing up for what you believe in!!

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
I'm so glad that you did what you did with the Facebook page, because it prompted me to do the same. Facebook has become more of a problem than it does any good. I deleted my facebook page and I am so relieved! Thank you for being such an example...

Anonymous said...

I need to add you to my blog, since it is private now. However you want to get me your email address will be great

Mindy said...

Rach..I tried commenting on yours to leave our addres..it's crose25@hotmail.com. hope you see this! :)