Monday, July 18, 2011

July 6, 2011

We arrived at EIRMC at 6am on July 6, 2011 for an induction for McKinley. We didn't want to risk Chris not being here for her birth, so we decided to have it scheduled. They hooked me up to the iv's, and then started pitocin around 7:30-8am. Dr. Hall broke my water around 8:30..and then they increased the pitocin every half hour. At 11am I was given a pain med since the contractions were so intense..and the anesthesiologist was suppose to be busy for another half hour. He came in 5 minutes later and I was out from the other pain med and the epidural. I slept for about 45 minutes and when they came back I was at a 9 and ready to start pushing. 6 pushes later, and McKinley was born at 12:36pm. I felt a lot of pain this time, so I don't know what really happened with all the pain meds, but everything went great. I thoroughly enjoyed my time alone at the hospital this time, knowing it was the only time I was going to get any sleep in the next 6 months. It was and has been a whirlwind of emotions, with Chris being gone, having a baby..trying to adjust to 3 being so close, etc. But nothing can describe what you feel as a mother, giving birth and then holding those sweet angels and making eye contact with them. It's amazing. I love this little girl so much, and I absolutely cherish holding her as much as I can, knowing they grow up so fast.


awesome hospital pictures..I was so out of it, but it's the only one we have as a family.


leaving the hospital

It's been crazy being home, especially with Chris gone - but thank goodness for family to help take Mason and Addy off my hands. It's been taking a lot longer to recover and to feel like myself again this time around..but I think it's because I was barely getting back on my feet after having Mason when we got the shocker that I was pregnant again. But were slowly adjusting...it'll be a lot easier to figure out a routine when we're all together with Chris again - with our own house, job offer etc. We're almost there though!! As hard as it is..we are so blessed and I love watching the kids learn to interact with each other and see their automatic connections with each other.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

what a precious baby!! Addy tried to tell me her name- and I couldn't understand it! But she is just adorable!!!