Friday, January 27, 2012

Pre - Christmas

We left for Idaho on the Thursday before Christmas. Chris's work got out early, so we were able to start our long drive about 4:00. The kids did great, and we got to Idaho Falls about 3am. My brother Travis and his family were in town from Oregon, and were leaving Sunday, so it was awesome to be able to see them for a couple days before they left. Carrie had tons of fun ideas planned for the kids leading up to Christmas..so we mailed letters to Santa, created a Polar Express night, made ornaments for the tree, etc. Saturday night, we had a Progressive Dinner with the Roses. There was so much good food, and it was fun to have everyone together all night.


Gingerbread houses..they never stick together for us

Mason's new random thing to doProgressive Dinner..Addy filled up on appetizers with Kyler:)Opening 12 Days of Christmas gifts from my parents...or playing in the packaging:)Kinley meeting Uncle Travis..I think she was smitten, or had him smittenGrandparents always have the best toys...Lincoln Logs!writing her letter to SantaKinley finding the joy of Chocolate. She rolled over, grabbed it, unwrapped it..and then I hear a sucking sound. She must have thought it was a chocolate bottle, and screamed bloody murder when I took it away:) My parents did the 12 Days again this year. The theme this year was "angels." I know it's so much work for them, and we have loved it every year. The kids look forward to it each night, and I know I have more pictures from this year somewhere. For some reason I couldn't find them all.

No comments: