Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mason's surgery

Mason finally had his ears tubed last Tuesday, the 12th. I had to have him to the Surgery Center by 6am, so Chris had to take the day off to stay home with the girls. It went really well. I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to go back with him, so that was definitely the hardest part of it all. Watching him being wheeled off almost had me in tears, but I knew it was only a 15 minute procedure. He was so adorable in his little robe and socks. They had a little puppy for him that he never let go of, and I brought his favorite blanket that he held onto as well. We can notice a small improvement with his speech, but nothing major. I'm just so happy that he'll have relief from ear infections, colds, and constant head congestion. I loved getting to rock him and have that 1 on 1 time while we waited before and after the surgery. He handled it like a champ and had all the nurses wrapped around his finger:)
Before


After

No comments: