Monday, October 6, 2008

Addison Rose..First Couple Months






Addy was born on June 28, 2008 at 10:04am in Rockville, CT. She was 6.7lbs, 20.5 in. My water broke at 4:50pm on June 27th and almost an hour later my mom and I met Chris at the hospital. They gave me Pitocin to kick in the contractions, and it sure didn't waste any time doing that. The only problem was I wasn't dialating..so hours later I was having contractions one after another with no break in between and they wouldn't give me an epidural till I was dialated to a 4. Finally the doctor came to his senses and I got the epidural...slept for a couple hours and my body had finally relaxed enough to start dialating and the rest was pretty smooth. Nobody can prepare you for what you feel when you first hold your baby and all the days after. It is so overwhelming, and you feel all these different emotions..stress, anxiety, worry about doing everything right, "can I do this?", and then you pick up that little girl and you lock eyes with her...she smiles...she coos...and nothing else matters. Chris and I can worry about jobs, debt etc...but all of that goes away when Addy smiles at us, and when we can get her to laugh.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Awww...amen to that last part!

oh man, I would have died if they didn't give me the epidural when I needed. Those drugs are amazing.