Friday, July 24, 2009

quick update

I hate not having internet at our apt! It's a pain to come down to the clubhouse and you can't download pictures down here anyway..BUT hopefully tonight I'll catch up on a friend's computer. So for now, just a quick update on what we've been up to! Addy has said her first word.."uh-oh." it's precious and she uses it in the right context..she'll drop her food on the floor and say it, etc. :) She somehow opened the listerene and dumped it all over the bathroom floor..lucky for us she hates to get her hands dirty so she didn't touch and it left our apt smelling minty fresh! I can't believe July is almost over and we're on the final stretch for the end of the summer! Last summer I couldn't pack up fast enough, but I'm going to be really sad this summer to leave my new friends. There's a few of us that are together pretty much everyday and I'm really sad that I don't live in Utah county anymore where we could continue to hang out. :( The best news of all is that I've started running with some of the girls each morning and we've added strength training for a half hour and abs after our runs and I've lost 15 lbs since I last weighed myself in the beginning of May! I cried I was so happy! I've done workouts by myself but doing it with friends makes it so much better and it's better motivation to wake up that early knowing they're waiting outside:) I'm so close to my goal, which is 10 more by the time we go home..we'll see:) Chris is working hard as always and is excited for the summer to be over. We've started doing things in the morning so he can have somewhat of a normal life out here. He finally got to go to the park with Addy and I, and we're planning on a beach and zoo trip as a family next week. I went with the girls to Chicago last Saturday and got to walk the "magnificent mile" ( huge shopping street) and go to Navy Pier. We got Chris registered for school at EITC in Idaho Falls and are still looking for an apt and job. We've decided no more summer work and he'll just hit school hard and go year round till he finishes up. I can't even begin to express how happy I am to not move every six months anymore! Anyway, hopefully pictures to come soon!!

4 comments:

Randy and Diana said...

As you grow up you will realize that each and every move or experience teaches you something and you learn how to endure and actually enjoy your experiences no matter what. This has taught your family things you need to progress so it is all good. Love the progress you're making and your attitude. Keep it up. Love, Dad

Unknown said...

it makes me so happy to hear things working out so well for you guys, even though it is hard, and even though we don't get to see you . . . you guys are awesome

Jessica said...

You should look at my apartments. I love them and they are subsidized. They have 2 and 3 bedroom apts and our ward is great! If you want their number and where there at you can email me jessicapayton@live.com

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Wow, that post was full of a lot of great information! Great job on losing 15 lbs, what a huge accomplishment and good luck with finding an apt. Cant wait to check back for some pictures.