Friday, July 9, 2010

Addison is 2!

I can't believe my sweet little girl is already 2! I know it gets said all the time, but I really can't believe how fast time flies. I had the stomach flu and Chris worked 10-7 on her birthday so we didn't do much during the day. We had the Rose monthly birthday party that night to celebrate everyone's birthdays in June at Tautphaus Park. It turned out really good and Addy had a blast playing on the toys. All day long she would sing.."happy birthday to you and you and you"...it was so cute! My camera has been dead the past month so I sadly haven't had any pictures from her birthday, the 4th..etc. Luckily Chris's mom took pictures so we have some memories from these events:)

Some of Addy's favorites right now:
~still Elmo everything
~BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!! She'll sit on the couch or her bed and say, "Mommy sit"..and pat the spot next to her and have me read books with her all day long. Sadly, Mason doesn't agree with this very much:)
~trampolines
~bicycles..her legs are almost long enough to push the wheels..for now we have to push her. ~jump on the bed, play ring around the rosie, tag, hide and seek..etc
~she sings most of her ABC's, twinkle little star, no more monkeys jumping on the bed...at night she'll ask for us to sing: "temple"(i love to see the temple), "God" (I am a child of God), and "twinkle."

She weighs 27 lbs and is 34 1/4." She's moved into a twin bed which is good and bad. Sometimes she'll crawl in it herself when she's tired..but she wakes up once a night and comes and taps on my back and I have to go put her back in bed. She is growing up so fast and surprises me each day with new phrases and things she's learned how to do. She's still an amazing big sister to Mason and loves to give him his binky and tell him "shhhh" when he cries:)..and for the record she is still calling him "Manos." :)She's such a happy girl and loves to make us laugh. Words can't express how much I love her and how grateful I am to be her mother. She makes me so happy each day, and there's just nothing better in the world than having your child run up to you and hug your leg and say "love you Mommy," or "thank you Mommy," everytime you give them something or help them. I love you Addy..you're more than I ever dreamed of in a daughter.

6/28/08 at the hospital

one week

3 weeks


4 months

6 months

1 year

2 years



1 comment:

Jeff and Julie said...

I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with the picture of Addy standing in the road. That is an amazing picture of your cute little daughter. I miss you guys!