Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bittersweet

So we got the final details on Chris's internship. They're actually hiring them on as summer help..so it's going to be 10-12 weeks instead of 8. They have a lot of projects this summer, which is awesome...I just wish they would do the 8 week internship and then hire them on, so we can all move down with him. I've really been hoping the kids and I could go down for May, and then fly back in June for the last few weeks before the baby's arrival. But, finding furnished, short term housing that's under 1,000 and not creepy is hard to find. So, Chris and his friend from class will be going down together and living together to split the costs. It'll be Mon-Thur, 7-5. Add probably 45min-1 hr bus ride each way..it'll make for long days, but they're excited to have the 4 day work week. We were super excited when we heard that, because then they could fly home Thurs nights..have the weekend here and fly back on Sun nights with the cheap Allegiant flights. No...they only do flights Fri and Mon for the next few months. I wanted to cry by this point when I knew I couldn't go down, that they've added another month onto this, and that he wouldn't be able to fly home often. They'll have to drive now..probably once a month. I know this is a HUGE blessing for us..the more work = more money we really need and more experience for Chris. I'm blessed to be able to stay at my parent's house....they've told Chris it's just fine for him to fly home for the baby and to take all the time he needs...and I keep telling myself 3 months will fly by. I know I'm whining, but I'm so sad for all the things Chris will miss with the kids. For Mason, these few months are huge for all the things they start saying and doing...plus I'm just sad to be away from him that long. We've never been apart for more than a few days. BUT, we are truly SO SO blessed and the possible job opportunity at the end of this is huge. This will be hard, but so worth it - so all I can do is count our blessings and think positive!:)

now onto more fun packing and planning Mason's birthday party which is the 23rd:)
...
I've got lots of pictures of the kids to post, but I've already packed the memory card converter..so no pics for a few weeks.

2 comments:

The Carlsens said...

oh that sounds soooo hard Mindy! Glad he has the internship but that is a really longtime to be away from each other :( Hang in there.

My brother in law has missed 2 of his kids births because of schooling and working in the air force :( Hopefully Chris doesn't miss your new little on. That would be so hard. Do you have a name yet for her?

Jessica said...

It will be hard to be away from him, but I know you are stong and can do it! It really will go fast and then hopefully he will have a great job at the end of all of it:) If you need help with anything let me know, I can watch the kids if you need to pack or just need a break!