Monday, August 29, 2011

Goodbyes



This is a post I've definitely been putting off. Just looking at these pictures brings the tears back. Saying goodbye was not easy. Living with my parents for the summer was bittersweet. Of course we missed Chris, and nothing can replace being back with him. It was the hardest thing I've ever done being away from him and hearing Addy talk about missing him. We would always count down the days till he would come visit and I hated bedtime when I'd have to go to bed alone and start the days all over again by myself. Transitioning from 2-3 kids alone was so hard. But, when we started this whole process..my parents were so quick to offer their home to us. They were able to fill the void as much as the situation would allow. It's hard to put into words the relationship my kids have with them. It's so sweet to watch. Addy and my Mom are like soul mates, and same with my Dad and Mason. He would light up and follow my Dad around every weekend when he would come home from his trips. I'm so grateful beyond words for their help. I was going through such a hard time, but they helped make it easier and we couldn't have done this without them. Those few months have some special memories and we have definitely missed them since being down here.





Saying goodbye




Thanks again for everything


No comments: