Tuesday, December 6, 2011

November

I can't believe it's already November! Or that we've already been living here almost 5 months! As hard as it is to be away from family, we absolutely love it here. We have to remind ourselves that it IS December, even though there isn't any snow on the ground. I am So grateful for the friends that I've made and the friends that the kids have. Lucky for us, there's a girl that I immediately clicked with that a has a little boy 1 month older than McKinley. So they'll be so cute to watch as they grow up together. They live in our development so they're super close. Then there's another girl that I met at a playgroup that has a girl Addy's age, and a boy Mason's age. How perfect is that!? We've had lots of playdates together and swaps for date nights and after meeting these girls, it has felt more like home and confirms that we're where we're supposed to be living. Our ward is amazing, with lots of young couples that we're excited to get to know better. Here's random picture from November.
This picture is almost a post in itself. We were at the park and I took him down the slide on my lap. Halfway down his foot got caught between my leg and the slide and twisted his ankle. We took him to the Urgent Care that night and it wasn't broken. But it took him 2 weeks to start walking again. Must have been a BAD sprain. This little girl can totally turn your day around with one little smile. The feeling I get when I look down at her and her whole face just lights up with a big smile is priceless.

1 comment:

The Carlsens said...

Kinley is the most beautiful baby girl!!!

I am so glad you've made some friends. I wish I lived there with you.

Wanna hear something weird? Andrew is around the age of Addy in Indiana. Weird huh?