Sunday, August 5, 2012

a girl named Ashley

Back in 2009, we were in Westville, Indiana installing security systems. Our first summer doing this in Connecticut, was no fun at all. If every summer could have been like 2009, I'd want to keep doing it every summer! It all depends on the group of wives you have to hang out with. And 2009 was completely awesome...because I made some great friends. One in particular was Ashley. I can't even remember when or how we started being inseparable that summer...but I know we were meant to be where we were that summer, even if it was for us to meet. I have several best friends, and I don't want to offend anyone who reads this, but there's just something about my friendship with Ashley that doesn't change with time. We met 3 years ago, and we've seen each other 3 times since then. But we almost talk everyday, even if it's just a text. That's something special. She gets me, she doesn't judge me, she listens to me whine, she makes me laugh, and most of all she pushes me to be better. I dream of the day when we can live by each other again, because it would be utterly amazing! So sorry Brian, if I pray that your job will move you here:) Anyway, since I was driving back to Vegas by myself - part of the plan was to get some Ashley time. It ended up being cut short from tired, cranky kids..but I'm grateful for the half day I had there to catch up and be blown away by a mini tornado that had Mason being attacked by bark chips!! Pictures below. Ash, thanks for everything..I love you!
2009
 2011
 2012








1 comment:

The Carlsens said...

Ah, I love you. Thanks for making me cry. Your tribue was much better than mine. Everything you said, right back at you mindy.