Wednesday, January 27, 2010

5 things for the week

5 things I'm grateful for this week:

1. Elmo - This is pathetic, I know - BUT on my really bad days when I can't make it off the couch, I'm grateful for Elmo and Addy's obsession with him. On those days we'll cuddle and watch the different movies we have with him when I don't feel well enough to run around with her.

2. Crock Pot - I can throw everything in it in the morning and have dinner or lunch (depending on Chris's schedule) ready when Chris gets home. I hate having to cook on the spur of the moment.

3. Long hot showers - I love them, they're so relaxing and I wish I could stay in there forever. They really make me miss the steam and hot rooms at Gold's Gym in Provo. I would move back there for those alone.

4. Carbonation - I never drink soda, unless I'm pregnant. Horrible right??!!I know this, but honestly you can't judge me - it is the ONLY thing that can calm my stomach in the moment. I've tried it all, and besides Zofran it's the only source of relief from my nausea. I only drink caffeine free and diet, which I know - still isn't good for you.

5. Warmer days - I hate winter..especially being pregnant with a 19 month old. We're so sick of being stuck inside. We've had a couple days where the weather teases us with spring and Addy and I run outside for some fresh air and a walk! It's like heaven and I can't wait for SPRING!

1 comment:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I agree with all of your 5 things. Winter gets SO much more fun when your not pregnant and don't have a 19 month old. This is the first time i have LOVED winter and wanted it to stay in a few years. It's all because of skiing and making some pretty sweet snow caves. Thats why you are going to starte snowboarding next year! Hope you guys had fun in UT this weekend.