Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sprinklers and Pregnancy

Yesterday was another water day, except with friends that we miss living by! Mason still hasn't caught on to how much fun playing in the sprinklers can be..so he just sits and gets tan.



I love her face when she found out she can control the hose and spray everyone. She didn't use to be such a water lover, but she does now!!


And, I need a moment to vent. My due date is technically the 12th, but we've planned an induction for the 6th so that we don't risk Chris not being there. I'm also going to have acupuncture done on the 1st - so were crossing fingers that works. So it could be next weekend or 2 weeks away, but I've been having contractions everyday for a couple weeks now. I'm to the point where I ache and cramp in my lower back and stomach all day. I feel like a bowling ball is just sitting there waiting to come out. I'm exhausted and can't sleep..and going up and down stairs, doing housework and trying to play with the kids is just sending me over my limit. I got uncomfortable with the other two at this point, but was never having contractions that stop me in my tracks. I'm just praying that they are meaning something and she's getting ready to come early.


I absolutely LOVE being a mother..there is just nothing like hearing, "I love you Mommy" ten times a day from Addy and getting cuddles and kisses from Mason. I love watching them grow and learn new things each day. I love all the silly things that come out of their mouths and rocking them at night. But, I'm not ready to have Mason not be my baby. He still is a baby..he's only just turning 14 months and I'm not ready for him to have to be a big brother already. I'm so scared of him feeling left out and having to monitor my attention with all 3. But, the amazing thing about kids is they adapt so well. Addy LOVES being the big sister and can't wait for McKinley to come. I love knowing that a few years down the road they are all going to have so much fun together. I love knowing I get to experience the sacred process of giving birth soon and holding that little spirit that just came from heaven. There's nothing like it. I know it will all work out, but I'm still nervous and scared and I know it will be that way for the next few months. I just keep praying this internship gets cut short and we can get the job and move and have Chris back and be a family again. K, I'm done venting:)

4 comments:

Requel said...

Oh I hope so too. I can't imagine doing all you're doing by yourself. You are a champion! 3 kids under 3 milk be crazy but you will be great. You hound like a great little mommy! Good luck with all the changes coming up!

Kevin and Kelly said...

You are such a good mommy and your kids look so happy all the time :)! Your little guy will adjust quickly I'm sure. My little Kaydance was 15 months when Kanan was born and the first few days home were the hardest. Her wanting me to hold her but I was nursing him and we would both cry. We made it through though and now she is such a great big sister. Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see pics of your sweet baby :)

Jaimie said...

Good luck Mindy! I know I've said this before, but I LOVE having all my girls close. It's not as hard as it seems. You will be okay! Hope all goes well. Can't wait to see pictures of the new little princess.

The Carlsens said...

Love you Mindy. You can do it. The Lord has sent her because He knows you can do it.