Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Conference Weekend

We had such a fun, relaxing Conference Weekend. I always get so excited because it's a weekend where we put everything aside and just spend time together as family. I love that we have this awesome experience twice a year, because I'm always so ready for the spiritual uplift. I heard many talks that apply to what I need to improve on. (all of them!) With both Chris and I's families living in the same time we always spend one day with each of them. This year, we had my neice Ellie for the weekend and then her family (Darik & Kristine) came up on Sunday. So Saturday, Chris and I went into his parent's house and spent the day listening to Conference there. In between sessions Shawn and his family came over and Jamie and her family came over for a little bit. That night I went with my mom to Ladies Night at Deseret (it's a tradition) then Chris and I went into Shawn's and watched the Final Four games. Sunday we stayed here at my parents..and it was FINALLY a beautiful day! We played with the kids outside..and it was also Addy's first day outside playing in the grass. She didn't know what to think of her hands in the grass, but she'll get used to it:) I loved the pictures of her outside because she was so focused on staring at everything going on. Then Jake/Alyssa stopped by on their way up to Rexburg which was awesome, since it might be the last time to see Darik's fam before we all leave for the summer. I can't wait for the May Ensign to come out so I can re-read all the talks..especially the ones I didn't really hear much of while trying to entertain and keep Addy quiet:)







Darik/Kristine with Addy......Shawn/Tosha's kids with Addy...Grandma Rose/Addy





1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love conference too! You have such a beautiful little girl!! I can't wait for summer either, I am really getting sick of this stupid Idaho weather.