Sunday, May 6, 2012

Health/Fitness Challenge

I am in the zone. And it feels amazing. The frustrating part of having 3 kids back to back was I lost a lot of muscle from being so sick for each pregnancy and not regaining it in between. Example..I currently weigh the same as I did when we got married, but I look nothing the same because my weight then was muscle and now I have none, and just have fat to burn off from the babies. So I have a lot of work to do to tone up..and if our plan works to have a nice break after Kinley before having another baby, I should be able to get to where I want to be. Another hard roadblock I'm pushing through right now, is that these 3 cute kids of mine are needy and I still haven't slept through the night since Addy was 1. I have insomnia during pregnancies and Kinely is being a stubborn little girl. They want to play wherever I am all day. So when I put a video in they're playing in between my legs, or when I'm on the treadmill they want to play too! But, I've given up making excuses so naptime is no longer me trying to relax, it's workout time. Or I try to get something in while they eat breakfast. It's my new addiction. I would love to do it before they wake up..but they like to wake up with the sun around 6 - 6:30 and I'm not that desperate to workout at 5. I've been running the past couple months..but I wanted to spice it up and my best friend Ashley is having me do this with her. I LOVE it and it has been an amazing past week. I feel so great. The menu she does for a week at a time, have been perfect for me. I needed to get to the point where I don't crave carbs and treats when I'm stressed and I've gotten past that point. My temptation this week was when a friend brought over a plate of cookies and they were thick and soft and I fought through it and had a couple dried plums instead. I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything afterward. I was so proud. Eating healthy and exercise just makes you feel amazing physically and emotionally. I'm a better Mom, I'm more productive, I just want to be better all around. I've listened to conference talks all week. I love it. I'm in the zone and I finally feel like I've pushed past the plateau part. Thanks Ash, I owe you!
http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=56&sid=20202748

1 comment:

Kelcie said...

Good for you getting back in shape. You are inspiring me. I am having a hard time just getting back to pre-pregnancy weight after Haidyn. I have been working out in the mornings, thankfully my girls don't get up until about 7, so I can get up at 6. I haven't mastered the not eating treats when you are stressed. I am doing better but still not very good. I hope I can someday weigh what I did when we got married, you are amazing!