Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's only Tuesday????

Can this week just be over already!?!? I know, it's only Tuesday. Last week Mason had pink eye. I started getting a sore throat last week as well..which went away on Sunday. Or so I thought. It just moved and has settled in my chest, now making me feel like I'm coughing up knives along with my lungs. And I think my sinuses are getting ready to explode.. and my body feels like a herd of elephants have trampled on it. It's so fun! I have definitely taken my health for granted. I honestly can't remember the last time I was sick. It's been really nice! So on Sunday, Kinley woke up with junk in her eyes. Fabulous..a week later after Mason, she got pink eye. We were really confused because Mason's eyes aren't 100 % clear either, so I took them to our Dr yesterday.

 I am now very annoyed at the urgent care doctore we took Mason to. He gave Mason ointment to put it, and said if it doesn't clear up in 2 days to take the 2 bottles of oral antibiotic. For one, ointment is impossible to get in children's eyes. So we started the oral the next day. Both bottles only gave him a total of 4 doses.

Our Doctor said that they usually don't give children ointment, because of it being impossible to get in their eyes. The second they blink it comes right out. They also don't give oral antibiotic for pink eye because it would take a month's worth of doses to kill the infection. You don't want to give that much medicine to a child. Way to go Urgent Care Doctor!! No wonder Mason's didn't clear all the way up. You're supposed to give children antibiotic in the form EYE DROPS. When they blink, it will go right in. Very annoyed we had to pay twice for something that should have been fixed the first time, and probably could have prevented Kinley from getting it a week later and having Mason continue to have it for a week. Lesson learned. Now we know for the future. So the kids and I are locked in the house this week. I feel like our house is contaminated with the plague. The kids and I are driving each other crazy. I wish I could be that mom that could be patient and do crafts with them all day while we're cooped up, but I am miserable. Hopefully they'll forgive me later:)

for the record..Addy has escaped it all. The Dr checked her eyes just in case it might be starting, but she's great!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I hate being sick. I hope you guys all feel better soon!

Kelcie said...

I hope you guys get better fast! Its so hard to be sick and take care of the kiddos, especially when they are sick too. Ashlyn doesn't get how to sit still through a whole movie, although she does good for a while :)