Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lucky Me!

For the first time since having kids and being married....so almost 5 years - I'm getting a break. MY FIRST BREAK! I've been watching all of your blogs, secretly hating all of you for your vacations and girls weekends and husbands who work from home so you can leave whenever you want!! :) haha..just kidding!!
 Our kids are old enough to be left, and I just feel pushed to my limit. It's been too long, and I can't think of a better time, and place to get it. We have our Anderson Reunion the second weekend in July, and Chris will fly home from that and I'll stay another 2 weeks in IF with the kids. We'll play with family and friends and I'll have some help with these little rug rats each day. I need to stay 2 weeks because I want to attend Educations Week at BYU-Idaho. I've never been able to attend the whole thing before..but this year I'm going to stay up on campus with my mom and get 3 days of being on a spiritual high..hearing and learning things that are going to help me in every aspect of my life. Some might think I'm being selfish and it's not fair to leave Chris alone for a couple weeks, and why should I want to leave the kids..blah blah blah!  But I will come back a much better Mom and Wife after this.Seriously.can't.wait!

What is Education Week?
Education Week provides an opportunity to expand your knowledge and understanding of gospel-related topics such as ancient scriptures, doctrines of the Church, self-improvement, preparedness, homemaking, family relationships, financial preparedness and many many more. You can select from over 300 classes taught by more than 40 different presenters from BYU-Idaho, CES, BYU, and others.
Education Week gives us a chance to learn of Him who brings peace and joy to the world. We invite all to attend to recommit and replenish your souls

I love that last line..."recommit and replenish your souls."
This description does not even do it justice.

I can't wait. I still need to find people to watch them each day, and I know everyone is going to jump at the chance to have Mason come color their house ;)... but all I can think about is 3 days and 2 nights of sanity and peace.
:):) Thank You Babe!

6 comments:

Kelcie said...

That's awesome! I totally understand the need for a break. And as sad as it is to leave the hubby, being with family is so fun! I hope me and the girls can come down to the reunion, Devon won't be able too and we have a jam packed summer, I'm not sure how much traveling I can out the girls through :)

Jessica said...

Good for you!!! Everyone mom needs a "break". While you're here we should go to the park or something!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

YEAY! You deserve it. Everyone needs a break.

Chelsea said...

That will be so fun! You for sure need a break and the kids will love being around family!

f said...

A happy mum is a better mum, I say. Nothing selfish about it. We all need to recharge our batteries sometime!

Streett's said...

What a great idea! Although I'm sure it will be a break for you, I'd look at it as CE's for your career! ;)