Sunday, May 22, 2011

Believe

Have you ever heard a song a million times, and then one time you're listening to it and just hits you like a ton of bricks? Well, this happened to me on Saturday. It was a song by Hilary Weeks called "Who You Are." Obviously with all the changes lately, I've been an emotional roller coaster - but one of the struggles has been my role as a mother. I can't imagine how Army wives, single moms etc., do this everyday for so long. I'm so happy we made it through our first week..but at the same time it felt like forever and I feel so deflated when I think of how much longer we have to go. I'm more than excited to get to see Chris this weekend and then have him up the next weekend..but in the back of my mind I'm thinking of the 4 weeks that we'll be apart after his visit, with the next visit being when we have the baby the first week of July. And then another 4 weeks after that until we're done with this the first week of August. So with that on my mind and struggling to stay strong..this song was just what I needed to hear. I KNOW without a doubt that anything is possible when you're doing what is right and are praying for the strength of our Heavenly Father to be with you. It doesn't mean that he'll take it away or that you won't feel pain. BUT, you feel an inner strength, you make it through, and it makes you stronger.

Who You Are
I know you wonder
if you'll ever have a day
when the kids stay calm,
the laundry's done,
and the dishes are put away.
And sometimes you feel like
your days are spent and gone
and the question running through your mind
is what have I gotten done?
and when you finally have a moment to slow down
at the end of you day
I know Father would say

Believe in what you're doing
Believe in who you are
Hold tight to the truth
that you're a daughter of God
Believe in who you're becoming
Believe in who you are

It may seem simple -
all the little things you do
But the lives you touch
matter so much
And there's no one else like you.
And Father needs you
to stand tall and faithful
to be all you can be ,
Oh, if you could see what he sees.



Chorus



When it's hard to believe in yourself
and you feel like you're beginning to doubt
Remember
He believes in what you're doing
He believes in who you are
Don't lose sight of the truth
that you're a daughter of God
That he believes in who you're becoming
He believes in who you are.

No comments: