Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 3

I'll have to post the picture of the day later, since I took it on my parent's camera and we don't have the converter to plug it into the computer right now.

I talked to Chris on his lunch break and he asked if Addy had been asking for him. She hadn't yet today, but sure enough- after her nap she's been saying, "I want to jump with Daddy on the tramp"..over and over. I try to explain what's going on again..and she just cries and says.."but I want to play with him Now!" It absolutely breaks my heart. As if it's not hard enough on me having him away..knowing the kids are missing their Daddy just makes it harder. She's so sweet though..after we talk about it, she always says.."it'll be okay Mommy." Chris and I talked again last night about the possibility of having us come down until I have to be back to have the baby. That was the situation we were trying to find a way to make work before they went down...but the costs to make that work just get higher and higher and I worry it would just be harder on the kids to have one more move in these 3 months.

The weather was a little cooler today, so we didn't play outside. Mason followed Addy everywhere inside..they played with the toy kitchens, barbies, cars and they took an hour and a half to fall asleep with their nap. After nap, we went into town and got slushes at Sonic and went shopping for some needed clothes for new baby and a few things for Addy and Mason. They sang to their cd's in the car..and it's so cute hearing Mason clap when B.I.N.G.O comes on. Right now, Addy is sitting under the highchair moving with it while Mason walks behind pushing it. It's in these moments when I sit and watch them laughing together that the spirit assures me that we'll make it through. One day at a time, focus on what matters and it's always one day closer to the days that we'll get to be all together again.

No comments: