Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 7

Woo- Hoo..we made it a week!! I would LOVE to be done, but at least I know now that we've made it a week, and we'll just keep making it one week at a time. I love seeing their faces when they Chris on skype, it's so priceless. I LOVE seeing him as well..it breaks my heart a little, but at the same time it takes me back to dating years and I fall in love with him all over again.

Today was a little better...their sleep schedules are still off, but I know to give that time. We went and had lunch and played at Arctic Circle, went to Wal-Mart for a rx for Mason's eczema(for some reason it's flaring up on his back), they threw fits at naptime and then we just played here at home the rest of the night. Grandpa came home from his trip, so they loved getting some time in with him. I'm anxious for the weather to be warm on a daily basis..so we can play outside all day, have Addy help with the garden, let them jump all their energy out on the tramp..etc. That's part of why I'm so excited to possibly move to Vegas..our family is so much happier when the sun is out and we can be outside. Being cooped up all day just drives us all crazy.

I'm getting to that point in pregnancy when the little things, like picking up toys, and carrying Mason up the stairs is making me exhausted and uncomfortable. I'm 34 weeks, so the contractions are coming more, I'm peeing every hour, and this baby girl loves to play all night..all that fun stuff!! This pregnancy has been a night and day difference thanks to Zofran - I now know what it's like to have a "normal" pregnancy and be able to live a normal life for 9 months. It's starting to feel a little more real and the fear of how I'm going to handle 3 kids 3 and under is setting in. There's so many days when I feel like I fail with 2..and I think; what am I going to do with another baby crying or if I'm feeding the baby and Addy and Mason are pulling each other's hair out?!? But, one thing I have learned is the blessings that come from the little things that I personally forget to do most days. Before kids, my blessings that came from personal prayer and scripture study were so different. Now, when I remember to start my day out with these things..I have patience, empathy, and a calmness inside. I focus more on what life must be like through their eyes and I react so different in situations. Why I don't do this each day, I don't know...but I'm trying to make them habits again.
But anyway..here's some pics from today.

they were racing around the house:)

Playing at Arctic

more ice-cream please

1 comment:

The Carlsens said...

Mindy-you rock.

Have you heard of those amber/ healing type necklaces. It is suppose to help with eczema. Not sure if you're into that but some ladies swear by it. I know he's got it bad so just thought I'd suggest.