Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 5

I really have no desire to post anything for today, but I've made a goal and I plan on sticking to it! The day started way too early with way too little sleep. I had to start breaking a bad habit that the kids use to sleep last night and Mason was fine..but Addy got out of bed 4 times and was up for the day at 6. Not okay. I tried putting them down for naps at 10 and Mason went right to sleep..Addy took an hour. Not okay. I know that patience is not my strong suit, and I sadly had little today. So after they woke up we had lunch, went into town for the sake of just getting out of the house. It was time for afternoon nap when we got back and they were both having a fit..took another hour for Mason to get to sleep and Addy never did. So I put her on the couch to watch a movie to at least get some sort of rest. Then we jumped on the tramp, read books, colored pictures, had dinner, had a bath and now I'm just so ready for this day to be over and praying that they sleep good tonight. While I was getting Addy dressed after he bath, poor Mason hit his face on the tile and got a bloody nose and upper lip. So sad, but being the tough, energetic boy he is; was wanting to play again in about 5 minutes. I understand that all the whining the past few days is due to lack of sleep and frustration over all the changes in their lives right now...but I also feel the same way. This is just hard, on all of us. And my sweet little kids don't get the luxury of us adults of being able to talk it out to someone. I love them so much, and at the end of the day..even when they've driven me crazy...their cuddles, smiles and kisses are also the thing that makes it all worth it. I haven't talked to Chris yet today, but I'm hoping his first day at the Site went great. I love him more than
anything and miss him like crazy. I am so lucky to be his wife and so grateful for all he does for us.

"don't take my picture!"



Cleaning his plate:)

1 comment:

The Atwood Family said...

Days like that are always so hard. I hope tomorrow is better for you and the kids.