Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 1

Today, Chris left. I don't know if there's really a way to express all the emotions I've felt the past couple weeks and especially today. I don't know how Army families do it. I'm already ready for this to be over..but we still have 3 months to go. Some couples do good apart...for us, I miss him every second he's away. He's my best friend, my favorite person on earth..he's the half of me that makes me a better person and can always make me smile, laugh and make everything okay. He's the best father I have ever seen. The past couple weeks he hasn't had work, and has spent every second he can with Addison and Mason. He is such an amazing father..so patient, fun, understanding and that might be what is so hard with him leaving..is knowing it tears him apart to be away from his children. They love their Daddy so much - no one can get Mason to smile and laugh like Chris can. And Addy has him wrapped around her little finger. I know that this journey is just part of a much bigger blessing that awaits us. Chris gave the kids and I blessings last night, and I have definitely felt the strength of the spirit with me today. It doesn't help to have all the extra pregnancy emotions right now, so I know I'm receiving extra help to get me through. I'm so grateful for Chris being willing to leave and go do this internship..we had no other options with me being due in just under 2 months, so we couldn't go with him. I'm so proud of how hard he worked in school and I know he's going to do so great. I can't wait to get that call from him saying he's been offered the job and we can start this next step in our lives. I've made a goal to make a daily update for him..so this is really going to turn into my diary. I know I'm still backed up and need to update pics from the past month, but for now I'm just doing today.

Day 1:We had gorgeous weather for about the 4th day straight again..YAY!! So we had trampoline time, riding in the wagon, and car, dress ups with Lily, trip to the library, painting nails and Mason getting sprayed by the sprinklers:)

Lily came over to play!





Wagon ride



Mason's face is funny..he was half excited, half scared



Wondering what just hit him...



I didn't say it was okay for a sprinkler to get me wet!!



It's all good..I'll clap now!! Does it seriously get any cuter!?? :)



I think he preferred to push it, rather than ride in it.





Look at my pretty nails! She would wear this leotard everyday if I let her.

2 comments:

Requel said...

Oh that is so hard. I feel for you guys. Good luck in Vegas, Chris. And good luck staying back with the little babes, mindy...you'll do great!

Unknown said...

Your kids are so cute. I feel for you Mindy. It is so hard, especially when you are pregnant. The emotions are so high. I cried like a baby when Brandon left. It makes me so sad when My kids say they miss him and when they ask where he is. I can't wait to see him. Whats really amazing about it all, is even though Brandon and I have an amazing relationship and marriage, when we are apart I feel that much more need to be a better wife. A better mom. I start to regret any times I had gotten upset or that we had gotten in a fight. I know that those situations will come up again, but it just makes you love them THAT MUCH MORE. It'll be over before you know it. BUT I agree I don't know how those army families do it either!!!